- 2 1/2 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon onion or garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese – divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large farm eggs
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup water (may not need this much)
- 8-10 ounces of grass finished ground beef or lamb or home made beef or lamb sausage
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Optional ingredients i usually add: sliced black olives and sliced fresh mushrooms, extra cheese
Preheat the oven to 350°F .
Use a Ninja Blender (mine is called a Fit Blender i believe) or some other type.
In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, pumpkin, sesame flour, ground flax seed, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, onion powder, and sea salt. Mix well. Then i add the two large eggs, 1/4 cup olive oil, and the water. Mix and combine thoroughly.
Butter a 10″ x 15″ pan (i use a stone jelly roll pan). Place the dough on the pan, then spread the dough by hand. You may have to keep your fingers wet using olive oil or water to keep it from sticking to your hands.
Bake for 20 minutes.
When you are ready, spread the pizza sauce, i sprinkle some Parmesan cheese if i have any, but usually i don’t, so i use some shredded raw cheddar or whatever i have on hand. Then crumble the cooked meat on top of that followed by optional olives and/or fresh mushrooms. Top with remaining mozzarella or other cheese. Bake for another 12 minutes.
Cut into about 12 pieces; this is very filling. One piece may fill you right up!